EB_Late
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Compromise between Nusantara and Current EBNOM Battle Systems

4 posters

Go down

Compromise between Nusantara and Current EBNOM Battle Systems Empty Compromise between Nusantara and Current EBNOM Battle Systems

Post  gamegeek2 Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 am

Advantages of Nusantara 1hp System:

-Better unit costing
-Better infantry and cavalry combat
-Better missiles

Advantages of Current EBNOM System:

-Better armour and shield values (I think I got them about where I want them, a few changes)
-Better cavalry charges (for lances)
-Better morale system (similar to the EB morale system, in Nusantara too many units intimidate troops and units rout way too easily)

We should compromise these into a single system.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

https://eblate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Compromise between Nusantara and Current EBNOM Battle Systems Empty Re: Compromise between Nusantara and Current EBNOM Battle Systems

Post  Cute Wolf Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:35 am

well, Nusantara get a hell of frightening troops because *cough* *cough*, supersitious peasants supposed to run when things goes bad and they're facing either nobles or professional troops. And if you're peasants armed with nothing more than big round rattan shield, simple tattered chainmails, and spear (having cast all 3 of your javelins), and there's some full armoured nobles don war-masks... or some screaming jungle tribesmen armed with bloody big fucking axes... won't you run?
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Compromise between Nusantara and Current EBNOM Battle Systems Empty Re: Compromise between Nusantara and Current EBNOM Battle Systems

Post  gamegeek2 Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:32 am

Indeed Smile

Well regardless the EB-style morale I have implemented is more appropriate.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:49 pm

yep, since EB troopers aren;t as supersitious as typical south east and east asians (self critic)
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Not just superstition, EB has more professionals, and common barbarian tribesmen fight in tight formations for the defense of their people, not as levies in kings' armies...hence better morale.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:19 am

and they don't burn incenses before battles, summoning giants, or having fasting and read the quran to summon djinns for helping them in battle.

Seriously, even the most credible local history sources here said that someone summon djinns to hurl fire in battle, or summon giant crocodiles to devour their enemies. Even they said the White Men's half-bald summoners with crosses summon giant birds that strike terrors in battle.

That's why we're screw most of our native references and use them with European reports as the standard comparisons..... Laughing

I wonder if Gauls also wrote Roman Legions summon somewhat... Rolling Eyes
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:05 am

Shocked
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 am

gamegeek2 wrote: Shocked

come on, you know you just need to translate what I discuss with Plutoboyz, Sonic, and Intifadanyz don't you? TO differentiate what is realistic and what's just a myth. Pluto in particular always point out that most of our local primary sources is full of myth. Very Happy
*. so we're gonna use Summa Oriental and VOC notes as primary standard.
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Wolf, by the way we need some way to slow down animations. Current animations are way too fast, except the cavalry attack animations. Cav movement and infantry movement is ridiculous as is infantry attack speed.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:12 am

hmm, it's actually the function of attack delay and charge time, actually... if we slow down animations, it will got very ridiculous, actually. Have you seen Napoleonic TW? They have the slowest animations and QUITE annoying in melee mode
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:59 pm

OK.

BTW you need to check out my comments on germanic units in the new battle system.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:34 pm

anyway, this isn't really "my" own project, you all on FB knows this well, but it was worth thinking I think, well? this EDU created by half part of mine using the very same EDU cost/upkeep/stat spreadsheet that was used by Nusantara - just don't comment about apparent blatant ahistoricality or too overpowerments of those Greeks.... haha.... (anubis and Finn may wonder about the part of "half part of mine")

http://www.mediafire.com/?g56qd4dubl9b8f3
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  FinnMacCumhail Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:01 am

Israel TW EDU? I thought it was new EBNOM EDU.

Lets forget about balancing the units by now, and concentrate on the map research, map creation, unit research, unit creation.

Seriously it is time to draw new regions. I know it takes time, and mapper adds 1 region, then another one, runs the strat map, and so on, so it would be better to start, for example with Spain, Italy, North Africa.
FinnMacCumhail
FinnMacCumhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Anubis88 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:17 am

Those 3 regions are done; i made Italy, Greece and Spain, Tanith made Africa; altough it could use a change or 2
Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down