EB_Late
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Army of Spartacus

4 posters

Go down

The Army of Spartacus Empty The Army of Spartacus

Post  Anubis88 Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:17 pm

As i'm not even close to being an expert regarding Spartacus, i'll leave this for those that are.

What are your suggestion about Spartacus and his Army? When, how, how many etc...
Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

The Army of Spartacus Empty Re: The Army of Spartacus

Post  FinnMacCumhail Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:36 pm

When Roman rooster done, we can think about it. Using usual roman army units would be enough, coz rebels took armor and arms of usual Roman solders. We can't afford to make gladiator models, due to model limit size. Stop. We can do smth. I can use some 3d max and photoshop magic to make generic slaves look as gladiators for merc faction. they would have stats and name of generic slaves, but appearance of gladiators. via script Spartak would have generic merc slaves, who look like gladiators.
FinnMacCumhail
FinnMacCumhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Anubis88 Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:37 pm

That sounds cool...
Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionheart Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 am

That's a good ideia.

About the rebel leaders

Spartacus (Born circa 109 B.C. died in 71 B.C.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Servile_War

This article of wikipedia is very good i believe. Also it presents the several rebel leaders and the roman leaders that fought against them.
Lionheart
Lionheart

Back to top Go down

Post  keravnos Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:44 am

Should the Spartacus revolt be ingame?

How many unit stacks would 120.000 make?

keravnos

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionheart Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:15 am

Well we dont need to depict the full army. But will ne nice to do that. Perhaps through a script we could give extra units to the units of spartacus army.

For instance: a card that ingame have 60 or 80 men we can make them have 100 or 120. Dont know if this is possible. However if that is possible we could do that. Also i dont believe that even using this we could depict the full strengh of Spartacus armies. However we can make a very strong rebel army that will harass the roman troops in italy and that will try to conquer Rome.
Lionheart
Lionheart

Back to top Go down

Post  keravnos Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:36 am

Wait a minute. Do you propose that we create new units to depict the army of Spartacus? I don't think that should be the case, if that's what you are saying.

If you could please explain what you say, and expand on your proposal. Besides, let's be honest here. Those armies, are going to be exterminated by the player, exactly like they were in history.

Therefore, if we are to have them in game, depict them in few stacks of troops, (what 120.000 translates into units of EB) and that's it. There were many slave revolts in Roman territory, for example, there were 2 slave revolts in Sicily alone, one in 134-132 BCE, the other in 104 -98 BCE.

keravnos

Back to top Go down

Post  Anubis88 Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:52 am

Well, i dunno what lionheart is trying to say, but sometimes he can be missunderstud because of his portugese english Smile

We haven't decided yet how the army would look like. But one thing is a fact. This revolt was a major event not long into the game, therefore i believe it should be represented. We either give a set date, or we make another trigger.

The army would of course appear in full stacks in Italy, without warning (at least without a major one).

Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionheart Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:48 pm

In a preview post Finn says that he could change the cards to make them look like gladiators or slave rebels. We dont need to create new armies
Besides keravnos do not forget that the revolts that you speak off when our mod starts are already behind the back of Rome.

However i simply proposed that the units of spartacus army could have extra numbers in the unit. I believe this is possible. Because in the game definition you could set the size of the units in game.
I simply proposed that we do the same but only once when the slave rebelion erupt and only that armies will have extra units. However i dont know if that is possible to do ingame.

Besides having the article as a base we can have the name of the slave rebels and several roman nobles that fought them.
Lionheart
Lionheart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum