EB_Late
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RULES - Regarding Sharing of Information

+2
Anubis88
gamegeek2
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RULES - Regarding Sharing of Information Empty RULES - Regarding Sharing of Information

Post  gamegeek2 Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:36 pm

--- REGULATIONS REGARDING THE SHARING OF INFORMATION ---

I. Persons Permitted to Share/Reveal Information
a. The project leaders are allowed to share information with the public and all approved mods at their discretion.
b. Team members involved in a given field are allowed to share information regarding that given field with the public and all approved mods at their discretion. Other team members who do so commit a level I infraction.

II. The Sharing of Information with the Europa Barbarorum Team
a. Members of the Europa Babarorum team are at all times welcome to join the EB:NOM project.
b. The Europa Barbarorum Team is welcome to use any research done on EB:NOM

III. The Sharing of Information with the Public
a. All team members are permitted to share approved information with the public in small amounts.
b. Approved information constitutes any and all material that is or will be present in the EB:NOM release.
1. This means it does not include, among other things, team policies, discussions, disputes, and other matters that shall be labeled as "internal matters."
2. Release of internal matters will result in a minimum of a level II infraction for any team member who does so.
3. Release of non-approved information will result in an infraction not to exceed level II, except in the case of repeated violations.

IV. The Sharing of Information with Other Mods
a. Before any team produced information may be shared with other mods, that mod must be "approved" by a team decision, including the approval of at least 2 of the project leaders.
1. Team-produced information does not include pictures produced by sources other than the EB:NOM mod, such as books; this includes scannings of books.
2. Unauthorized release of team-released information will result in a penalty, which may vary in severity depending on the severity of the infraction.
b. Any information released to other mods is to be kept secret from the public by that mod, until it is either previewed by the EB:NOM team, or 'formally' previewed by them
1. A 'formal' preview constitutes a preview such as this one, one that is pre-planned on the internal forums, contains a (decently) large quantity of information and research, and has a title.
2. Other such leaking by other mods will result in an infraction no greater than level II for any and all members involved in the sharing of information in that mod, for not informing them of team policy.

--- PENDING TEAM APPROVAL ---

Last edited by gamegeek2 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:21 pm; edited 5 times in total
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

https://eblate.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

RULES - Regarding Sharing of Information Empty Re: RULES - Regarding Sharing of Information

Post  Anubis88 Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:31 pm

I agree with most posts, but i don't think this one is necessary;

IV. The Sharing of Information with Other Mods
a. Before any information may be shared with other mods, that mod must be "approved" by a team decision, including the approval of at least 2 of the project leaders.

I think a team leader could decide to share info with another mod, if it will benefit him in his field. For example, i worked closely for a while with the FRRE members Bucelarii and Salvor Hardin, so has Finn. They know what we are about, and vice versa.

Of course, this should only be for the benefit of our mod, and other mods would be allowed to see this forum pending the approval of all the 3 mod leaders.

Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

RULES - Regarding Sharing of Information Empty Re: RULES - Regarding Sharing of Information

Post  gamegeek2 Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:10 pm

Well it seems 2 of our mod leaders aproved working with FRRE...still that's sort of before these rules were laid down.

Still I feel we need to all know who we're working with outside our own team.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FinnMacCumhail Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 am

Nusantura TW, lol, but we have nothing to share with them.

III. The Sharing of Information with the Public

only information about history from reliable resources. Not about units, skins, maps, scripts, so on. This stuff presented only in previews or as a clue before forcoming preview. Public(not modders) do not need such information anyway.

The Sharing of Information with Other Mods

well, unless they can give us smth too. What FREE can give us as well?
FinnMacCumhail
FinnMacCumhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Anubis88 Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:43 am

Well i got a lot of sources for the Sertoriani from Bucellarii, not to mention that Salvor allowed me to see their forums, to see if there's anything we could use. And those 2 guys are really good at what they do, but since they are practically the only 2 working on FMIR, they make really slow progress. But they like to have a small team anyways...

Of course i saw the stabbing animation they had, for example, and if we ever need anything i think we can ask them and they'll surely help. We helped them by Finn making some units for them, so i think we are even, and we should not complicate matters in the future. Of course i trust those 2 guys, as much as you can trust someone on the internet.

I haven't been in touch with them for a long time, so i guess we could use this policy, but i really don't see the need since there were 0 problems on that front so far. But i understand what you are trying to accomplish
Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionheart Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:11 pm

well i dont know if i could say or even if my opinion is needed but i understand what you are trying to achieve so i guess i agree with that.
Lionheart
Lionheart

Back to top Go down

Post  Anubis88 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Actually, lionheart, what you just did on TWC, is exactly what gamegeek2 is talking about. You have no right to tell people that they are a tribal group, since that narrows down the possibilities a lot.

You can only comment if it's about your preview, or something that has nothing to do with it (for example, by me telling gg2 is working on the preview, there is no way anyone is going to narrow down the possibilities, since they don't know what gg2 is working on, so it could be anything from Rome to Kingdom of Maues, but by you telling them it's a tribal group, you already tell them that it isn't 1 of the "civilized" factions.

Please delete that comment of yours.

Thanx
Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:02 am

FinnMacCumhail wrote:Nusantura TW, lol, but we have nothing to share with them.

unless EBNOM will employ elephant arquebusiers, mounted gunners, and mounted crossbowmen, and also several south east asian units.... duh.... Rolling Eyes

we're 1500++ years apart Twisted Evil
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 am

I have proposed the penalties for specific violations. Are these OK?
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lionheart Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:16 am

ok i agree with you and the proposal.
Lionheart
Lionheart

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 am

man, you better took a feudal constitution of the mod team rather than give illusions about "fair rules" just like what I do with Nusantara Twisted Evil as long as the leader's word is absolute, there should be no problems
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  jirisys Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:07 pm

Cute Wolf wrote:man, you better took a feudal constitution of the mod team rather than give illusions about "fair rules" just like what I do with Nusantara Twisted Evil as long as the leader's word is absolute, there should be no problems

Problem is your people get annoyed, and then you have not a big role as a team-manager but more of a team-dowhatisay-er.

I think a set of permanent and unflexible rules to be in place. While have the list of thinks that may require a moderating action and leave it up to any of the moderators; that does something about it, in how strongly they punish.

~Jirisys ()
jirisys
jirisys

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 pm

jirisys wrote:
Cute Wolf wrote:man, you better took a feudal constitution of the mod team rather than give illusions about "fair rules" just like what I do with Nusantara Twisted Evil as long as the leader's word is absolute, there should be no problems

Problem is your people get annoyed, and then you have not a big role as a team-manager but more of a team-dowhatisay-er.

I think a set of permanent and unflexible rules to be in place. While have the list of thinks that may require a moderating action and leave it up to any of the moderators; that does something about it, in how strongly they punish.

~Jirisys ()

actually, the only one who have problem with my feudalistic - monarchialistic (or rather aristocratic rules) is you Razz everyone else is fine with that Very Happy

and actually I never really punish everyone, in fact, what I do is treating pizzas and hang out together... (BTW, you need to live in countries that close with each others to do that Razz )
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  jirisys Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Cute Wolf wrote:
jirisys wrote:

~Jirisys ()

actually, the only one who have problem with my feudalistic - monarchialistic (or rather aristocratic rules) is you Razz everyone else is fine with that Very Happy

and actually I never really punish everyone, in fact, what I do is treating pizzas and hang out together... (BTW, you need to live in countries that close with each others to do that Razz )

Well... How about those other people that you don't hear about. Kind of weird saying that.

~Jirisys ()
jirisys
jirisys

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:20 pm

I want to legitimize our rules, plus I want to make sure the Senatores (members) have effects on policy and the actions of the Consuls (anubis, Finn, and myself).
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:25 am

gamegeek2 wrote:I want to legitimize our rules, plus I want to make sure the Senatores (members) have effects on policy and the actions of the Consuls (anubis, Finn, and myself).

in fact, modding teams are more like a kingdom or a business corporation, according to the configurations, if you want to have stock broker's things, that's fine...
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  jirisys Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Cute Wolf wrote:
gamegeek2 wrote:I want to legitimize our rules, plus I want to make sure the Senatores (members) have effects on policy and the actions of the Consuls (anubis, Finn, and myself).

in fact, modding teams are more like a kingdom or a business corporation, according to the configurations, if you want to have stock broker's things, that's fine...

Modding teams are not all like that. Mine has fairly liberal policies and even as I am a leader, I am open and helpful to the team. Organization and logistics are more important that power.

~Jirisys ()
jirisys
jirisys

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 pm

I mean this one is mostly run by a board of directors, like a business.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:16 pm

jirisys wrote:
Cute Wolf wrote:

Modding teams are not all like that. Mine has fairly liberal policies and even as I am a leader, I am open and helpful to the team. Organization and logistics are more important that power.

~Jirisys ()

well, let's see, your anarchistic mod compared with my monarchic-aristocratic mod, which one will get better result...

gamegeek2 wrote:I mean this one is mostly run by a board of directors, like a business.

that's a nice concept, looking forward on this... so how much the stock price will "be" ? beware then, I suggest you to pay attentions to this: - hearing too much Senatores' grumbles and suggestions eventually bring downfall to Roman Republic, for some obvious reasons, the leader must have some certain vision to shape the mod, and should be set with minimal interference from another members, all else outside the "vision" should be more flexible, actually.
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  jirisys Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Cute Wolf wrote:well, let's see, your anarchistic mod compared with my monarchic-aristocratic mod, which one will get better result...

Careful...

gamegeek2 wrote:I mean this one is mostly run by a board of directors, like a business.

that's a nice concept, looking forward on this... so how much the stock price will "be" ? beware then, I suggest you to pay attentions to this: - hearing too much Senatores' grumbles and suggestions eventually bring downfall to Roman Republic, for some obvious reasons, the leader must have some certain vision to shape the mod, and should be set with minimal interference from another members, all else outside the "vision" should be more flexible, actually.

Not too fixed. People will be annoyed by your lack of compromise. Just look at this mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390521

7 months and still arguing over factions that will be in.

Logistics triumph over power, always. Still, you should have power, and try to make everyone happy; not just yourself.

~Jirisys ()
jirisys
jirisys

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:05 am

Well, this project was technically started based on my proposal of time period, which was agreed to rather quickly Very Happy

But of course you need multilateral agreement, though obviously a single proposal needs to be reached.

It's not anarchistic. It's the Roman Republic, and yes there can be grumbling Senatores (team members) but we make sure our consuls-for-life are reasonble, and all are accountable to the same list of rules.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cute Wolf Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 am

I only said anarchistic in references to Jirisys, obviously.

And that mod in example is the best example in failure of Democracy Very Happy

I like gamegeek's idea to emulate Roman Republic, as they aren't the blind democratic anarchy, but more into aristocratic republic
Cute Wolf
Cute Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Anubis88 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:00 am

And of course in this way me, gg2 or Finn can go all dictator on everyone , and ban you forever Very Happy
Anubis88
Anubis88

Back to top Go down

Post  gamegeek2 Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:28 pm

Cute Wolf, democracy works better for most real countries (if not all), but here we're moving toward a clear and defined goal that can't afford to be distracted.
gamegeek2
gamegeek2
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jirisys Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:29 pm

Cute Wolf wrote:I only said anarchistic in references to Jirisys, obviously.

And that mod in example is the best example in failure of Democracy Very Happy

I like gamegeek's idea to emulate Roman Republic, as they aren't the blind democratic anarchy, but more into aristocratic republic

Umm... My mod is not anarchistic. I have power, just, I do not impose my rule to others. It's far more liberal than yours.

I am more of a... Greek democracy. Everyone gets a vote but if I say no, you have to convince me.

That's a great way to start as a small team of course. And as I said. Logistics are better than power.

Cute Wolf wrote:blind democratic anarchy

Careful. Talking about politics is as problematic as talking about religion. If you take cheap shots. I will ask gamegeek to politely remove your remarks.

~Jirisys ()
jirisys
jirisys

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next